Monday, September 21, 2009

Rainy, Snowy days are good for writing

Today, September 21, it is snowing here in Castle Rock, and since I am over a week behind in this blog, this will give me an opportunity to write a few more chapters. I showed the grandboys what I am doing, Joshua was not interested, he is more into the actual Hobbes. Brenden was trying to be polite when I asked him if he would like to write a comment--"Good luck on your book" was his answer. Not exactly the enthusiasm I was looking for. So, my question to myself today is: Who are you writing the book for? Wonder if authors ask themselves that question and is it different for different authors. I guess I am writing the book for myself, to write down the experiences I had on our cruise to South America through a more creative vehicle, Hobbes a stuffed lion. But authors do use this technique, although in a much more sophisticated way--think Kafka
and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment